Green Burial Resources
Simple and natural. Green burial, or natural burial, ensures the burial site remains as natural as possible in all respects. Interment of the bodies is done in a biodegradable casket, shroud, or in a favorite blanket. No embalming fluid, no concrete vaults.
Listed below are Green Burial friends of Cornerstone Funeral Services. Please visit their sites for additional information.
- Melissa Coe Ceremonies
- A Fine Farewall - A Fine Farewell produces beautiful burial and cremation shrouds that transform the way we face death.
- Lucia Pottery - Lucia Pottery produces 100% biodegradable urns.
- Natural Transitions - Natural Transitions is a Colorado-based non-profit educating and supporting families to care for their own dead. Natural Transitions also hosts after-death care workshops, makes community presentations on end-of-life options, and holds an annual conference on green and family-led after-death care in October in Boulder, CO.
- Green Burial Consulting - Green Burial Consulting will work with you in a step by step method to determine if the business plan you envision is viable based upon the facts on the ground. If the conditions are right, they can take you from an idea to an operating cemetery.
- Spiral of Life - The considerations presented can give us the courage to consider home wakes and funerals as a viable option for ourselves and our families.
- KINKARACO - KINKARACO™ was contracted by the HBO series "Six Feet Under" to create a shroud for the green burial segment of the show's season finale Life imitates Art!
- Green Burial Council - The Green Burial Council has been working to make burial sustainable for the planet, meaningful for the families, and economically viable for the provider.
- Farewell Assistance - Farewell Assistance empower family members to act as their own funeral service providers, serving as expert consultants, temporary personal assistants and professional event planners.
- Funeral Consumers Alliance - The Funeral Consumers Alliance provides some information about caring for the dead without the use of toxins and materials that are not biodegradable.
- Undertaken with Love - Undertaken With Love is a home funeral guide for congregations and communities.
- Natural Burial Company
- Portland Natural Caskets